Develop is a not-for- profit organisation which delivers a comprehensive range of education and training programmes across the Eastern Region. Over the last 20 years we have successfully worked with over 150,000 learners and 10,000 companies.
We believe that partnerships between education and business have a key role to play in meeting the challenges of our time. Our key ‘drivers’ and those of the government are:
- Raising standards of achievement
- Improving learner motivation and attendance
- Supporting management and leadership in schools
- Preparing young people for the world of work, including employability
- Enhancing the delivery of the National Curriculum
- Delivery of Key Skills, including wider skills such as creativity and enterprise.
In order to achieve the above, we manage, co-ordinate and deliver a number of programmes across the community helping young people from ages 14-19 and delivering adult specific courses, to increase skills and help with career progression.
Develops core values are:
- To provide a friendly, reliable and quality service, driven by customer needs and evaluation.
- To provide an equitable and friendly environment in which to work, fostering individual strengths and thereby enhancing the growth of the organisation.
- To operate in a financially responsible manner thus securing the company’s future growth and development.
- To create an atmosphere where everyone involved is enthusiastic about, and proud of being part of Develop
- Work Related Learning for schools, colleges and work-based learning providers
- Arrange Work Experience/Extended Work experience
- Careers Information Advice & Guidance
- Creative IT courses, Web, Animation, Photography, design etc
- Out of School Hours Learning
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM) support and brokerage
- Delivery and Management of a wide range of Vocational courses for Foundation Learning/Study Programme
- Contract management
- Support for Learners with Learning Difficulties and Disabilities (LLDD)
- European Social Fund Programmes
- Delivery of First Aid Training
Develop is proud of the amazing feedback we get from our learners and we are constantly striving to give them the best experience possible:
“All tutors are helpful and friendly. They are also open to conversation and will listen to any issues you may have”
“I do really enjoy Develop and the whole centre, friends, work and everything really”
“The support is incredible – from group discussions to personal one-to- one advice”